- Coeliac Disease is an autoimmune disease where the body reacts when you eat gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, oats and barley based products.
- It is important to manage coeliac disease effectively, as left untreated it can cause damage to the small intestine, which can result in health concerns such as nutrient malabsorption, osteoporosis, inflammation and malnutrition. Currently the only treatment for Coeliac Disease is a strict, life long, gluten free diet.
- Our Dietitians are here to help you learn which foods contain gluten and how to manage this condition on a daily basis. Appointments will include education on:
- • Label reading
- • Recipe modification
- • Managing cross contamination in the home, eating out and whilst travelling
- • Dietary management to prevent or correct nutrient deficiencies
- • Providing meal and snack suggestions that are gluten free